The excitement is building for the South African Energy Association (SANEA) Conference being hosted from 21 to 22 October 2021.
The event will host a lineup of speakers from the energy sector and business arena who will engage in crucial discussions about the sector to unlock the possibilities of energy sustainability in Africa.
All ESI readers are invited to join the conference at a special 15% discount upon registration. Use the ESI21 promocode to REGISTER NOW
Keynote speakers are Minister of Minerals and Energy Resources, Gwede Mantashe; Group CEO of Eskom Holdings, Andre de Ruyter; and well-known author and social activist Dr Crispian Olver who is Executive Director of the Presidential Climate Commission. Two of SANEA’s online keynote speakers are Dr Ishmael Poolo, Chief Executive Officer of the CEF Group of Companies, and Marista Fey, Senior Vice President: Strategy and Planning at Sasol Energy.
Thought leadership at the SANEA conference
The topics of the conference have been structured around the urgent issues identified in the SANEA Energy Risk Report which impact the current landscape and future of the energy sector, therefore focussing on a framework of 4I’s. The conference will host keynote speakers and breakaways streams focussing on:
with people at the centre of driving in these areas.
It is crucial for the energy sector to understand which risks are changing and/or emerging at the fastest pace and what opportunities are time sensitive for south africans. Therefore, one question being tackled will be, are we responding rapidly enough?
SANEA conference facilitator Peter Ndoro will have in depth conversations with:
- Mpho Mookapele, Chief Executive Officer, EWSETA
- Elizabeth Marabwa, Chief Director: Programmes and Projects Management Office, Department of Minerals Resources and Energy
- Wendy Poulton, SANEA Secretary General & Risk Report Convenor
Other speakers and panel members include:
- Kaashifah Beukes, Chief Executive Officer, Saldanah Bay Industrial Development Zone
- Bertha Dlamini, President, African Women in Energy and Power (AWEAP)
- Tumi Mphahlele, Project Director, Amperion Energy
- Fanele Mondi, Chief Executive Officer, Energy Intensive Users Group Southern Africa (EIUG)
- Knox Msebenzi, Managing Director, Nuclear Industry Association of South Africa (NIASA)
- Roy Bermeister, Chief Executive Officer, Nanotec
- Frank Spencer, Head of Deployments, Bushveld Energy
- Adjunct Professor Lwazi Ngubevana, Director: African Energy Leadership Centre, Wits Business School
- Bianca Jordan, Community Development Manager, Dorper Wind Farm
- Jarredine Morris, Energy & Environmental Policy Manager, Business Unity South Africa (BUSA)
- Fatima Vawda, Managing Director, 27four Investment Managers
Delegates of the conference will also hear from SANEA President, Kiren Maharaj, SANEA Board Members and other well-known energy sector leaders.
View the conference programme below:
Remember to use the code ESI21 when registering.